Sunday, December 28, 2014
Sunday, December 21, 2014
My name is Wube Kumsa and I am writing to you for your help or to lead me to some one who can help.
I have a charity organization called ITISMY.ORG that is registered in Massachusetts to donate computers and related technology for school in Ethiopia. Since 2009 I donated for a few schools in Addis Ababa, few countries in Africa as well for communities and schools in Boston. It is always an issue to deliver my donation for Ethiopian school and mainly with custom office that is not consistent every time I send. My wish is that computer donated to school should be free for school students who need it the most. I have been looking for an answer from someone and organization to guide me without any problem and so that I can go to a country side to setup and help students with computer that intended for education purpose.
This year, I received about 300 computers from my company to donate for schools in Ethiopia and more. I want to ship them to Addis Ababa and store them to donate for schools located in a country side.
Paying a tax for all those computers will cost more and I was told that I will need Donation Certificate, and unfortunately, I am a U.S. Citizen and my home is in Portsmouth, NH. Getting donation certificate is valid only for Ethiopian resident.
Any advice that you may have will help me to work on my donation project will be appreciated. Here is some picture for you to see and all comes with a flat screen 19" monitor. I also ask you to check the web site to see the Recepients
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
To get started with Raspberry Pi you need an operating system. NOOBS (New Out Of the Box Software) is an easy operating system install manager for the Raspberry Pi.
HOW TO GET AND INSTALL NOOBS
BUY A PREINSTALLED SD CARD
The easiest way to get NOOBS is to buy an SD card with NOOBS preinstalled, available for £4 at the Swag Store. Alternatively, if you have an SD card (8GB recommended), then you can download NOOBS for free and install it on your card.
- Using a computer with an SD card reader, visit the Downloads page.
- Click on the
Download ZIPbutton under ‘NOOBS (offline and network install)’, and select a folder to save it to.
- Extract the files from the zip.
FORMAT YOUR SD CARD
It is best to format your SD card before copying the NOOBS files onto it. To do this:
- Visit the SD Association’s website and download SD Formatter 4.0 for either Windows or Mac.
- Follow the instructions to install the software.
- Insert your SD card into the computer or laptop’s SD card reader and make a note of the drive letter allocated to it, e.g. G:/
- In SD Formatter, select the drive letter for your SD card and format it.
DRAG AND DROP NOOBS FILES
- Once your SD card has been formatted, drag all the files in the extracted NOOBS folder and drop them onto the SD card drive.
- The necessary files will then be transferred to your SD card.
- When this process has finished, safely remove the SD card and insert it into your Raspberry Pi.
- Plug in your keyboard, mouse and monitor cables.
- Now plug in the USB power cable to your Pi.
- Your Raspberry Pi will boot, and a window will appear with a list of different operating systems that you can install. We recommend that you use Raspbian – tick the box next to Raspbian and click on
- Raspbian will then run through its installation process. Note this can take a while.
- When the install process has completed, the Raspberry Pi configuration menu (raspi-config) will load. Here you are able to set the time and date for your region and enable a Raspberry Pi camera board, or even create users. You can exit this menu by using Tab on your keyboard to move to
LOGGING IN AND ACCESSING THE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE
The default login for Raspbian is username
pi with the password
raspberry. Note you will not see any writing appear when you type the password. This is a security feature in Linux.
To load the graphical user interface type
For More info go to: http://www.raspberrypi.org
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Nokia 1520 Loaded with Windows 8.1 with 20 mega pixel. More update will be posted...
Wednesday, October 01, 2014
Tuesday, July 08, 2014
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Wednesday, February 05, 2014
ITISMY.ORG - 2014 - Will Donate 3 Laptops for those Students who scored above 96% and on their way to college.
After you installed, on your browser type http://www.mintz.com and scroll down and click on employees accesses:
Login using your user name and password:
See the following example:
Here you will see all of your Apps(the following is an example)
On top of the screen look for your account name and drop down to choose activate and choose Open in Receiver.